Sunday, July 23, 2017

I love that I don't have to pre-cook the pasta for this Bacon and Beef Pasta Bake

Bacon and Beef Pasta Bake

All Time Best Recipes

I love that I don't have to pre-cook the pasta for this Bacon and Beef Pasta Bake. I have made this a few times now and it's the kids' favorite.















Ingredients

  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 onion finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves crushed
  • 4 bacon rashers chopped
  • 500 g beef mince
  • 550 g tomato pasta sauce
  • 2 cups beef stock (liquid)
  • 1 cup mixed vegetables
  • 250 g spirals pasta shapes
  • 1 1/2 cups cheese grated
  • 1/2 tsp salt and pepper *to taste
  • Equipment

    • heavy-based oven tray
    • saucepan
    • Method

      • STEP 1Grease a 12-cup capacity ovenproof dish with a lid.
      • STEP 2Heat oil in large saucepan and add bacon, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
      • STEP 3Add mince, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until beef changes colour.
      • STEP 4Add pasta sauce, stock, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
      • STEP 5Add uncooked spiral pasta. Stir to combine and pour into an oven proof dish.
      • STEP 6Bake, covered, at 180C for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes.
      • Notes

        For the vegetables I've used grated carrot, grated zucchini, chopped capsicum or chopped champignons depending on what I have at home at the time. I use the Leggos large spiral pasta with the red wine for flavour and I have also added herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are great to make whenever you have a party

Chicken Spring Rolls These are great to make whenever you have a party, or just want to snack on something homemade ...